Risa Niigaki gets married to a celebrity!
Former Morning Musume member Risa Niigaki gets married! She registered her marriage with actor Yoshikazu Kotani on July 11, 2016. I believe that the date of her marriage registration is significant as well but we will get to that in just a moment.
It was in June 2016 that the couple surprised their fans through an announcement via fax. Niigaki stated that from now on they will support each other and live each day their own way. She also said that they would not forget to thank the people around them. They hope to build a family full of smiles.
Niigaki, 27, intends to continue her activities in show-business. The couple plan to hold their wedding reception and ceremony in the fall of 2016. Gaki-san who is one of my favorite Morning Musume members of all time has now gotten married. Congratulations to the very cute Risa Niigaki! I have written a tribute post about Risa Niigaki because she deserved one! What is the significance of Risa Niigaki’s marriage and the date in which she registered it?
Risa Niigaki gets married: the significance of it
Risa Niigaki registered her marriage with Yoshikazu Kotani one day after Atsuko Maeda “Acchan” celebrated her 25th birthday. That’s pretty significant because Maeda is the most well-known member of AKB48. Now lets also put some perspective on the marriage of Risa Niigaki. She is one of several former Morning Musume members to get married. The others are:
- Yuko Nakazawa (married April 1, 2012)
- Kei Yasuda (married May 2013)
- Ai Takahashi (married February 14, 2014)
- Mari Yaguchi (she has since divorced)
- Nozomi Tsuji
- Sayaka Ichii (note: she has been married twice including her August 2012 marriage to a hairdresser.)
- Ai Kago (note: Kago divorced her husband in 2015 because she suffered as a result of his violence against her). Kago has made a return to the entertainment industry and started the unit known as Girls Beat!!
- Miki Fujimoto
Congratulations to Risa Niigaki for her marriage! Niigaki is best known for her time spent with Morning Musume from 2001-2012. She held a then record for the amount of days in Morning Musume until that record was broken by Sayumi Michishige.