Who is Japanese Idol Jurina Matsui?
Japanese Idol Jurina Matsui is a Japanese pop music singer and she was associated with the groups SKE48 and AKB48. She is a member of SKE48’s Team S and was a member of AKB48’s Team K. She is not related to SKE48 member Rena Matsui even though they both have the same surname. Rena Matsui graduated from SKE48 in August 2015, the same time that Rina Kawaei graduated as well. Source of images: http://www.hello-online.org.
Jurina is really young because she was born on March 8, 1997. She is from the Aichi Prefecture. She stands at 163 centimeters tall. Jurina Matsui had been with AKB48 since 2008. Her debut with the group came in the single called Oogoe Diamond. She has also sang on the single called Manatsu no Sounds Good! That single was the last one to feature Atsuko Maeda as a member. Which fan of AKB48 doesn’t remember that name? Jurina has also been a member for the singles Sayonara Crawl, Koi suru Fortune Cookie, Heart Ereki, Labrador Retriever, and Kokoro no Placard.
She has also been a regular participant in the group’s Senbatsu Elections. In the 37th single Senbatsu Elections which took place in the summer of 2014, Jurina got an impressive number of votes and finished as the 4th most popular member of AKB48 and its other groups. Besides being a Japanese idol and performing songs on stage, who is Jurina Matsui?
Note: for those of you that enjoyed my post about AKB48 idol Yuko Oshima you will like this one too!
Interesting facts about Japanese Idol Jurina Matsui
- Jurina likes to dance, make pastries, and play sports.
- She is skilled at making animal noises, pulling table cloth, and even doing a 100 meter run which she did in just 14 seconds!
- She often times makes puns during TV shows.
- She is on the cover of the single Oogoe Diamond and she is seen shouting the words Mariko-sama in reference to former member Mariko Shinoda.
- She fears haunted houses and roller coasters.
- It is said that she looks like her mother.
- She is the only child in her family.
- Jurina often travels with and sleeps with a large brown pillow that is called “Brown-Mama.”
- She loves the smell of citrus.
- Her future goal is to become an actress.
- She does not like to eat spicy foods.
- Her favorite food is the meat sauce spaghetti that her mother makes.
- She always like to say: Don’t compare yourself to others, you are yourself.”
- She started learning how to dance when she was in the third grade.
- Jurina likes to kiss the other cute members!
- She has a good friendship with Sumire Sato, Yuka Masuda, and Sae Miyazawa.
- Jurina and Rena are the “centers of SKE48” and they are often referred to as WMatsui. This is similar to Sayaka Yamamoto and Miyuki Watanabe of NMB48 who are called “SayaMilky.”
Jurina Matsui made her debut with SKE48’s Team S in 2009 with the participation in the song called Tsuyoko Mono yo. Early in 2012 when AKB48 was hit with a few scandals, Jurina joined as a concurrent member. At the time, members Rumi Yonezawa and Natsumi Hirajima were seen with boyfriends and this violated the group’s ban on dating. These two girls then resigned from AKB48. On March 25, 2012 during a concert at Saitama Super Arena, Matsui had to leave in the middle of a song with what was described as dizziness caused by anemia and overwork. The event manager stated that during the past few months, Matsui had had issues with her health. Matsui herself had stated that she did not want to take a break. AKB48 producer Yasushi Akimoto later informed AKB48 fans that he had specifically let Jurina rest for an indefinite period of time.
Japanese Idol Jurina Matsui chosen as center for UZA
For the AKB48 song called UZA, Matsui was chosen to be a center along with then top vote getter Yuko Oshima. Oshima has since released her solo photo book called Nugiyagare! In the 2013 Senbatsu Election, Jurina Matsui finished in 6th place, getting a total of 77,170 votes. In addition to this, she won the rock paper scissors tournament on September 18, 2013. She would then become center for AKB48’s 34th single. Because of the brilliance and creativity of Akimoto, AKB48 has really expanded and become a national phenomenon and a Japanese cultural icon. Jurina Matsui is another one of these talented girls that is also really cute! It was in October 2015 that Matsui announced that she would work only with SKE48 from now on.