So who is Sayumi Michishige? She is a sixth generation member of the very popular and famous Japanese pop music group Morning Musume. She took over the responsibility of band leader after the graduation of Risa Niigaki on May 18, 2012. She was selected from the Morning Musume Love Audition 2002 to join as a member along with Eri Kamei and Reina Tanaka. Her debut with the group was on the single “Shabondama.”
She is considered to be the weakest member vocally but she refers to herself as the cutest Morning Musume member. I will say that she is kind of cute but so is Ai Takahashi. Ai Takahashi is both cute and really pretty at the same time. She is considered as the one who succeeded Rika Ishikawa because of the role that they both have played within the group. In 2004, Michishige along with Ishikawa formed a group called EcoMoni which is an environmental awareness group. As part of the activities involved, they go to environmental and cultural festivals each summer. In 2005, they released a photo book together called “Angels.” She has appeared on many TV shows. She used to be a regular cast member of Hello! Morning with Yuko Nakazawa and Eri Kamei. Morning Musume fans will know that Nakazawa is the oldest former member of the group at 40 and she was part of the first generation of members when the group made its debut in 1997. She is now the host of her own half-hour radio show called “Konya-mo Usa-chan Peace.” She has also been designated as the mentor for current Morning Musume member Koharu Kusumi. In addition to these duties, she has also been on the radio show Young Town since 2007. Note: Nakazawa turned 40 on June 13, 2013.
Sayumi Michishige was born on July 13, 1989 in Ube, Japan. She is skilled at braiding, y-balance, and math. Her hobbies are collecting things and talking. The motto that she lives by is “never refuse a gift.” She has to be a really generous person to live by those words. Her favorite color is pink. Sayumi enjoys her mother’s homemade spaghetti and chocolate. Her favorite words are left-right symmetry and thank you! It is great to be thankful for obvious reasons. On October 12, 2013, Michishige became the member that has spent the most time in Morning Musume surpassing the previous record set by Risa Niigaki. In November 2014, Michishige would graduate from Morning Musume after 11 years with the group.
Sayumi’s photo book releases (I’m only including the ones that she has released individually).
- Michishige, Sayumi
- Love Hello! Michishige Sayumi Photo book
- Love Letter
- 20sai 7gatsu 13nichi
- Mille Feuille (In this photo book, Sayumi presents more of a sexy image although she is more known for being very cute). That is where some of the photos in the gallery are from. The one that shows Michishige in a green bikini is one of her sexiest shots!
Interesting facts about Sayumi Michishige
- Sayumi has an older brother and an older sister.
- Her official Morning Musume color is pink.
- She has not changed her hair color since joining Morning Musume.
- She became close friends with Eri Kamei during their days at training camp.
- When she was in elementary school, she won an award from aerobics and she also took piano lessons.
- Prior to her joining Morning Musume, she really admired Ai Takahashi and Rika Ishikawa.
- Sayumi’s father is researcher for the chemical company Ube Industries.
- Sayumi said during a 2012 magazine interview that her favorite Morning Musume song is “Kare to Issho ni Omise ga Shitai!“